- removed dependency on 1m interval in ErrorStats (which caused log warnings if 1m interval was disabled).
- added CountByParameter annotation for counting request stats based on return values.
2.9.1 - 10 MAR 2019
This is an intermediate / maintenance release to allow other projects to update moskito version to adopt dynamic intervals and new introduced LoggerUtil.
2.9.0 - 06 JAN 2019
- Mail-Notification-Provider, if neither html nor text templates are provided fall back to std. template
- Mail-Notification-Provider - fixed loading of templates via local classpath instead of system class path.
- Dashboard: improved loading of dashboards, reduced overall load (previously all dashboards were loaded in order to determine the possible dashboard for chart/threshold/gauge addition, now this has been moved to server side).
- https://github.com/anotheria/moskito/issues/217 - Gauges should keep last values
- https://github.com/anotheria/moskito/issues/218 - Improved support for hot-deployment (Stoping started threads on shutdown).
2.8.9 - 18 NOV 2018
- Add Journey analysis by cumulation of method calls in producers instead of producers -
- Fixed potential memory leak issue with APISessionImpl (from ano-plass) not being collected due to missing APISessionListener in web-fragment.
- Fixed potential memory leak in moskito-sql with older postgres driver (8.x) where parameters are transmitted without quotes. Hardcore limit of different queries in moskito-sql to 1000.
- Fixed CPU load for windows: https://github.com/anotheria/moskito/pull/216
2.8.8 - 29 OCT 2018
- https://github.com/anotheria/moskito/pull/209 - Fixed Select2 'Flash of Unstyled Content' issue.
- Accumulators bound to counter broken due to lower/upper case issues. -
- Show all Producers page should show the number of producers in each decorator type -
- Mis-configured chartPattern in a dashboard can lead to rendering error.
- add possibility to retrieve single/multiple values from the rest-api -
2.8.7 - 25 MAI 2018
2.8.6 18 FEB 2018
Fixed java.lang.StackOverflowError which occurs during open Show Journey/Show Journey call pages if journey contains lot of trace steps.
- JavaAgent: detect running in tomcat and monitor incoming requests.
- Removed moskito internal apis from monitoring - reduced noise of moskito's internal components arriving in monitoring.
- Fixed error if a producer configured on the dashboard wasn't yet registered.
- Tags menu is now visible in non-beta mode.
- Fixed: AnalyzedJourneyAO was not serializeable: https://github.com/anotheria/moskito/pull/189
- added journey tags displaying in tracers page: https://github.com/anotheria/moskito/pull/187
- - Ability to dispose a storage.
2.8.5 19 DEC 2017
All new Tags visuals.
Added Tags to Errors section
Additionally following tasks and bugs have been resolved:
- Javaagent doesn't recognize port setting
- Javaagent doesn't show dashboard
- Preseted Javaagent configs
- Javaagent: Tracing support
Various visual issues
- Nicier error page
- JavaAgent doesn't include moskito-control-agent
- Application not getting initialized after manually copying moskito UI dependencies
- Tagging of Producer Methods with AOP
2.8.4 - 02 NOV 2017
- https://github.com/anotheria/moskito/pull/159 - Java 9 compatibility of the BuiltInOSProducer.
- Changed default values for TracingConfiguration, maxTraces is now 100 (previously 0), ShrinkingStrategy is now KEEPLONGEST (was FIFO).
- When using a preconfigured remote another entry with same host/port is created.
- Support for producers on Dashboard.
- Fixes for chart Y Axis.
- Cumulative stats over multiple producers.
- Beta Mode - Ability to put new features in beta mode, which has to be explicitly turned on.
- Analyze journey: now added category/subsystem drill down (amount of time spent in each subsystem/category).
- Dashboard elements positions can now be adjusted.
- After server switch default page is now Dashboard not Producers.
- Users can now define tags via config. Header, request, parameter and session are supported. Also tags are shown on their very own page in the top navigation. Custom tags can be added directly from the page.
- java.lang.StackOverflowError when analyzing journey.
2.8.3 - 15 SEP 2017
- Initialization of BuiltInOSProducer fails on windows
- Deep links to a specific remote agent in inspect
- Error on Error page should be better readable
- StartStopListener only partially do its work
- Added total number of recorded traces to tracer view.
- Added a flag that once a tracer fires no further tracers will be activated.
2.8.2 - 23 JUNE 2017 (Bugfix Release for MSK-437)
- If authentication is not configured at all (section skipped in config) for moskito inspect - no request possible.
- Initialization of BuiltInOSProducer fails on windows
2.8.1 - 23 JUNE 2017 (Bugfix Release for MSK-435)
- Possible memory Leak in ErrorProducer (CRITICAL).
- countRethrow is off by default
- - Password protection for MoSKito Inspect
- Add tomcat module with tomcat specific information
- Removed auto-creation of Thread related accumulators, moved creation to config instead, thus making it optional. To enable them in your configuration:
2.8.0 - 19 JUNE 2017
- Monitoring plugin for NGINX.
- Monitoring plugin for Apache httpd server.
- Dashboard reload bug: wrong gauge display
- Dashboard reload bug: wrong threshold display
- Support for GarbageCollector MBean. Monitoring amount of collections and time spent.
- Removed chart engine config and all occurrences
- Fixed bug with Dashboard Gauges which is related to wrong min/max values of the axis
- Automatically create accumulators for all MemoryPools
- Added BuiltInErrorProducer that is able to trace all errors happening in monitored parts of your application and chat them:
2.7.8 - 13 APR 2017 (Easter Release)
2.7.7 - 08 FEB 2017
- Ability to send charts by email.
- Add Accumulators to the producer page - whenever a producer page is shown, where there is an accumulator configured and associated with this producer, this accumulator will be shown on the producer detail page.
- Add Thresholds to the producer page - whenever a producer page is shown, where there is a threshold configured and associated with this producer, this threshold will be shown on the producer detail page.
- Creation of new accumulator or threshold from producer page should remain on producer page
- Allow developer to change the name of the stat as shown in annotation for classes
- Allow dashboards to reload its content automatically without triggering a page reload.
2.7.6 - 14 SEP 2016
- Make "Olark" JS disable/enable via configuration (like trackUsage pixel) - https://github.com/anotheria/moskito/issues/103
- Support for Springboot.
- New Feature Set: Configurable Dashboard which includes following Tickets:
- Enable deletion of a dashboard
- Enable creation of a new dashboard
- Gauge control
- Threshold functions for dashboards
- Creating charts from a set of accumulators.
- Optimizations regarding usage of a standalone javaagent: https://github.com/anotheria/moskito/pull/109
2.7.5 - 31 MAI 2016
- Removed dependency to ano-web, migrated VersionUtil from ano-web to moskito
- Add accumulator annotations similar to @Accumulate for AOP to CDI
- Journey Config not serializable / github#100
- Extended support for plugins.
- Upgrade to DistributeMe 2.3.0
2.7.4 - 25 APR 2016
- Dashboard won't show if a configured accumulator is not yet present.
- monitoring of multiple web-apps in same tomcat.
- Add CDI tracing support
- MSK-371 add journey auto-tracing to ServiceStatsCallHandler
2.7.3 - 13 APR 2016
- Fixed unzipping of accumulators archive for offline charts.
- Tracers now use one journey per producer.
- Added direct jump into traced call from tracer in the frontend.
2.7.2 - 24 MAR 2016
- Sorting in a single producer view includes cumulated
- Make it possible to download accumulators / charts as pictures (zip or not).
- Tracers should automatically record a journey for all calls after passing the tracer.
2.7.1 - 06 MAR 2016
Accumulators with more than standard amount of values do not work in remote mode
Dashboards: incorrect names are shown in remote mode
MoSKito 2.7.1 - SNAPSHOT doesn't show version in the Inspect UI
Generate Offline Accumulator Charts
Fixed problems with MoSKito REST Interface due to JSONArray in MultilinechartAO.
GitHub pull request https://github.com/anotheria/moskito/pull/90
Updated anotheria parent to 2.7 (newer findbugs and pmd versions)
Disk Space Plugin (beta)
2.7.0 - 30 OCT 2015
- Move decorators to moskito-cores
This release got a major release number because it can break existing installations. Some artifacts have been moved between modules and package name changed. 2.6.x clients won't work with 2.7.0 agent (core) in remote mode.
2.6.4 - 29 OCT 2015
- Fixed @Accumulates annotation for methods.
2.6.3 - 30 SEP 2015
- Fixed duplicates in producers with filter category.
- Allow decorators to be configured from outside of the code
- Added @Accumulates annotation for multiple accumulators in one class.
- @Accumulate now works with method.
2.6.2 - 02 JUL 2015
- Not possible to create guard with floating point value from config
- Server returns error 500
- Added methods to create combined and normalized accumulator charts via REST API
- Added version method to rest api.
- Fixed error screen if a gauge is on screen that refers to yet unregistered producer (NoSuchProducerException)
2.6.1 - 24 MAI 2015
- Tracing prototype.
- Provide configuration for tracing
- Tracing: Logging
- Show Producer link doesn't work
- Tracedetails (stacktraces) should be on/off extendable on click
- confirmation message on accumulator/threshold creation
- Improve CDI integration
- Allow customers to set their own logo
- Allow accumulators to be configured via annotations
2.6.0 - 29 APR 2015
MoSKito 2.6.0 features a refactored new REST API in MoSKito Inspect component. It allows now also full access to gauges, dashboards and producers: MoSKito Inspect REST API
- MoSKito Inspect fails in undefined state if a connected service throws an error
- Add rest methods for dashboards
- Refactor rest api to be "restier"
- MoSKito Inspect doesn't manage a reconnect for "Quick Connect" connections
- Allow webui to filter-out some producers
- Allow gauges to define custom zone
2.5.9 - 08 APR 2015
This is an urgent bugfix release on user request. It only contains following two fixes.
Release 2.5.8 was broken and shouldn't be used.
- Accumulator Sets don't work with remote instances
- Gauges/Dashboards with Gauges do not work over RMI
2.5.7 - 31 MAR 2015
- Minor fixes in charting
2.5.6 - 27 FEB 2015
- Accumulators: possibility to change the order of charts
- Implement dashboard view in inspect
- Add tooltips to threshold views in dashboard with full name
- Add configuration for dashboards
- REST API XML: thresholds/alerts
- REST API XML: accumulators/list
- In accumulator view, on mouse over the selected line should be highlighted
2.5.5 - 18. JAN 2015
Introduction of d3 as main and default graphing framwork
- Charts in jqplot are broken (Producers page)
- New Feature: AccumulatorSets (Preconfigured Sets of Accumulators for easy accessibility.
- Accumulators - choose Mode / settings will lost after usage
2.5.4 - 29. OCT 2014
- Provide a RollingOnDemandStatsProducer which can 'forget' not used entries and only uses most interesting stats.
- LOG Spam in BaseShowProducersAction fixed
2.5.3 - 17. OCT 2014
- Accumulators won't work before first accessed via API.
- Chart for CPU in Inspect (previously WebUI)
- Show connected Host in the topline of the frontend.
- Support for generic IStatsProducer-decorators
- Allow Journey to be triggered via HttpHeader
2.5.2 - 11. SEP 2014
- MoSKito Inspect can't connect to MoSKito Core through firewall with RMI.
2.5.1 - 15. AUG 2014
- Support for TreeMap in Storages.
- Allow the user to define the text of the notification message.
- Custom properties for notification providers.
- Support for SMS Notification Providers.
- ProducerRegistryAPI: after initial cache construction producers aren't properly unregistered
- Category/Subsystem selectors are not sorted
2.5.0 - 27. MAI 2014
- WARN in logs if the name has been null.
- Provide separate artifacts for integration of webui and inspect in standalone and embedded mode
- Rename moskitominimal artifact to moskito-inspect-standalone
- Thresholds edit/delete links are on same position
- Provide a title handling mechanism.
- Thresholds Page
- Move MailNotification provider in notificationproviders package
- Start/Initial page
- MBeans view
- Help page
- MoSKito Inspect Design/HTML
- MoSKito improvements
- Thresholds link
- Dont show journeys box, if no journes are yet recorded.
- Journeys: duplicates view is disabled - reenable
- Analyze journey view
- Update view
- Chart types that are different from linear don't work
- Broken interface + error
- Error on thresholds edit elements
- Open and close jorneys
- Scrolling problems
- Too much free space
- Cannot select graph type
- How do delete recorded jorney?
- CallExecution should support pause/resume
- Charts for Producers/Producer view don't have a title
- Libs/Plugins view
- Inspect Producer (can be a layer in single producer view)
- SingleProducer view
- Thresholds view
- MoSKito encountered an error
- Create new thresholds/accumulator dialogs
- Accumulator view
- Cleanup MoSKito Dependencies
- Producers Page
- Journey View
- Downgraded priveleged process is unable to read /proc/self/fd
- Server selection is application wide and not session wide
- Charts for producers/producer page
- First Time opening a chart on producer page, the chart is too small.
- Single Transaction in Journey View (incl tree and duplicates)
- Restore Chart functionality for single producer view page
- Journeys Overview
- Producers Page
- 404 error on jorneys
- If RuntimeConstants.setApplicationName isn't called a error message is printed in the logs.
- Accumulators shouldn't show "chart for" box if no chart is selected (empty box)
Part of the MoSKito Inspect EPIC
Part of The WebUI Standalone WebApplication - EPIC
2.4.3 - 28 MAR 2014
- Added moskito-extensions module.
- Added moskito-notificationproviders module.
- Added support for MailGun (as notification provider).
- - ehcache monitoring support added.
- - Builtin producers can now be switched off by configuration.
2.4.2 - 17 FEB 2014
2.4.1 - 23 DEC 2013
- Fixed broken charts in single producer view.
- Cleanup some unused js files.
- Fixed ordering in web-fragments, moskito-web, webui and webui-jersey (needed for proper validation in glassfish etc)
- Fixed: Accumulators contain no value if config exists but doesn't specify accumulationAmount
2.4.0 - 02 DEC 2013
- Fixed not centered chart view in single producer view.
- Added support for Servlet 3.0 kind of configuration via web-fragment
- Moved Jersey Config to a separate artifact: moskito-webui-jersey.
- Added flip count to thresholds.
2.3.2 - 11 November 2013
2.3.1 - 03 September 2013
- Updated ano- dependency to log4j-free versions.
- Fixed problems with chart display on https:// protected pages with chrome and firefox 23.x
2.3.0 - 18 August 2013
- Fixed js bug that prevented charts to appear on single producer page.
- - Migrate to slf4j and logback
- MoSKito WebControl is removed from project.
- MoSKito Central is its own project on GitHub now: https://github.com/anotheria/moskito-central
2.2.6 - 14 June 2013
2.2.3-2.2.5 minor releases
Those were minor releases with smaller improvement and bugfixes for
- Added SourceIpSegmentFilter, AsyncSourceTldFilter and SourceTldFilter to separate traffic by client ip segment (class A) or domain.
- Added Central connectors: RESTConnector and DiMeCentralConnector, endpoints for connectors: RestEndpoint and RMIEndpointService. Added possibility to build different Central jars: war for Central REST endpoint and executable jar for Central DiMe service.
- Added Central PSQLStorage.
- and more
2.2.2 - 28 MAR 2013
- - Plugins
- - Plugins
- Central: Serializer: CSVSerializer, GsonSerializer
- Central: CSVFileStorage, FileSystemStorage.
- Central: Connectors: EmbeddedConnector.
2.2.1 - 18 MAR 2014
- - Quickfix for JBoss
2.2.0 - 14 MAR 2013
- Cleanup old unused experimental code (dashboard).
- Added more section.
- Added MBean view.
- Added generic-mbean-producers
- Added Update check.
- Added Lib listing.
2.1.6 - 09 MAR 2013
- Several UX and Design Tweaks
- InterceptorTest fails on Windows (moskito-sql)
2.1.5 - 25 FEB 2013
2.1.4 - 11 FEB 2013
- added servername to standard webui footer
- replaced synchronization in OnDemandStatsProducer with ConcurrentMap in order to improve performance (creation of new case).
- added more built-in ThreadState accumulators and 1min REQ/AVG/TIME URL accumulators.
2.1.3 - 24 JAN 2013
- Removed String getValueByNameAsString(String valueName, String intervalName, String timeUnit); from StatsMXBean.
- Fix of non implemented String toStatsString(String aIntervalName, TimeUnit unit) method in GenericCounterStats (can be used tor write counter stats to log).
- Added new filter for debug diagnostics. DebugRequestFilter dump out to sysout all headers, parameters and attributes of request, session id and session's attributes if url have a special parameter mskDiagnosticsDebugRequest.
2.1.2, 2.1.1 - 07 DEC 2012
- Added configuration for Accumulators
- Added ThreadStateStats and builtin ThreadStateStats Producer.
- 2.1.2 - fix for ThreadStates non working getValueByName method, which rendered all ThreadBased accumulators unuseable.
2.1.0 - 23 NOV 2012
- AOP: Removed @MonitorClass, @MonitorMethod and @DontMonitorMethod, added @Monitor (for both method and class) and @DontMonitor for methods instead.
- AOP: Refactored package names and structure
- DEMO: Moved moskitodemo to github: https://github.com/anotheria/moskito-demo
2.0.2 - 21 NOV 2012
- Added Counters (http://blog.anotheria.net/msk/one-to-count-them-all/)
- Added @Count AOP and CDI annotations
- Further cleanup of the dependencies, it should be possible now to build moskito from scratch without anotheria nexus involved.
- Improved CDI annotations and interceptors, allowed ability to customize category/subsystem/producerId.
- Improvements in core, more things generic now.
- Reducing memory footprint by reusing factory instances.
- Fixed dependencies to ano* 1.x libs.
- Renamed package to net.anotheria.moskito
- IStatsProducer made generic
- Added edit in WebUI for Thresholds.
- Removed Charts from WebUI.
- Added general configuration to moskito core and made many implicit settings configurable.
- Added AlertDispatcher and configurable NotificationProviders for Thresholds
- Added LogFileNotificationProvider, MailNotificationProvider, SyserrNotificationProvider, SysoutNotificationProvider
- Added quick link to start a new journey from interface
ChangeLog 1.x Branch
- Fixed class name in case of CDI proxies in Journey
1.6.2 - 02 OCT 2012
1.6.1 - 24 SEP 2012
- Autoreload function for Thresholds and Accumulators.
1.6.0 - 18 SEP 2012
Generally the 1.6.0 release is a maintenance release. We moved some of the experimental stuff out of the code in svn and into the incubator, renamed some projects, reorganized others. And added moskito-minimal! More on this soon in the anotheria blog: http://blog.anotheria.net.
- Fixed NPE in net.java.dev.moskito.core.registry.ProducerRegistryAPIImpl when calling a non-existing producer
- Upgraded to ano-maf 1.3.0 and added error page and error handling.
- Added moskito minimal, a simple webapp to start with moskito.
1.5.1 - 02 SEP 2012
- fixed some minor typos.
- added confirmation for threshold deletion
- added confirmation for accumulator deletion
- added creation of accumulators on the fly
- added creation of thresholds on the fly
- added csv export to accumulators overview and single accumulators view
1.5.0 - 17 AUG 2012
1.4.5, 1.4.6 - 02 JULY 2012
1.4.4 - 26 JUNE 2012
- small bug fix that fixes the initial size of the graph layer.
- MethodCallAspect rewritten, added support for journeys, per class producers and changed advice from call to execution.
1.4.3 - 23 JUNE 2012
- Added support for multiple graphs on one page for accumulators.
- Added support for additional graph types: pie, line, column.
- Added JSON and XML views for thresholds.
- Switch to parent 1.14 (higher versions of find bugs etc)
This version got an own version number mainly because this version is minimum requirement for MoSKito iPhone App (link follows) to work.
1.3.1 - 02 MARCH 2012
- Fixed NPE in TraceStep, startStep
1.3.0 - 24 FEB 2012
- Renamed MonitoringSession to Journey
- added analyze journey functionality which counts call to each producer in a journey/journey call and cumulates it by producer.
- added trace serialization to allow distributeme to pass journeys around and to monitor through network boundaries.
1.2.0 - 19 JAN 2012
- new subprojects moskito-sql and moskito-annotations
- see attached file Moskito-1.2.0.pdf
1.1.6 - 16 JUL 2011
- core - added support for empty stat detection.
- webui - added pFilterZero parameter to remove empty req. oriented stats from producer view.
1.1.5 - 13 MAI 2011
- (core) Stats are automatically exposed as MXBeans via JMX.
- (core) Thresholds are now exposed via JMX.
- (core) Added OSStats backed by the OperatingSystemMXBean and the com.sun.management.UnixOperatingSystemMXBean, added BuiltInOSProducer.
- (core) Added RuntimeStats backed by the RuntimeMXBean, added BuiltInRuntimeProducer.
- (core) Added support for string values.
- (webui) added OSStatsDecorator
- (webui) added RuntimeStatsDecorator
1.1.4 - 28 APR 2011
- (core) added net.java.dev.moskito.core.accumulation.Accumulators as utility class for creation of accumulators.
- (core) added net.java.dev.moskito.core.treshold.Thresholds as utility class for creation of thresholds.
- (core) RequestOrientedStats now support REQ for TR and TIME for TT as parameters in net.java.dev.moskito.core.predefined.RequestOrientedStats.getValueByNameAsString(String, String, TimeUnit)
- (webui) added normalization for accumulators
- (webui) added support for multiple accumulators in one chart
1.1.3 - 26 APR 2011
Republish of 1.1.2 with disabling pre-alpha dashboard.
1.1.2 - 26 APR 2011
First version to include accumulators and accumulated charts.
1.1.1 - 15 MAR 2011
First version to include thresholds.
1.1.0 - 11 JAN 2011
First bundled version (thank you maven) build with aggregator.
Removed support for ant.
- 20/11/2010 - added snapshot intervals.
- 08/08/2010 - fixed log output for min/max values in case no requests have been issued yet - RequestOrientedStats
- 08/08/2010 - added interval update timestamp to - IntervalRegistry
- 20/11/2010 - added support for snapshot intervals.
- 08/08/2010 - added interval update timestamp and interval age to producers.jsp.